How To Get Listed On Apple Maps
iPhone users and any device using Apple Maps makes many mobile searches crawl the “Apple Maps” listings by default – This means that many people may be bypassing google, bing, and other places when looking for a locksmith. Getting listed on Apple Maps is easy BUT getting approved or out of “Under Review” mode may take some time. As a locksmith you will increase your call volume if you get listed on “Apple Maps”. Here is how to get listed on Maps Connect “Apple Maps”:
1. Go to https://mapsconnect.apple.com
Log in with your Apple ID and password. If you don’t have an Apple ID, you’ll have to get one. There’s no way around it.
2. Select your relationship to your business.
You’ll be asked to do this on the Add a New Business Page, which you’ll be automatically taken to after you log in. You can either select “I’m the business owner or “I’m authorized by the business owner.”
3. Enter your basic business information.
This is where you type in your business name, business phone number and business address.
4. Verify your business phone number.
You will be asked to allow Apple to call the number you added. The call will give you with a PIN code from Apple. If needed, you can opt to “Verify Later.”
5. Confirm your business location and Choose A Category.
There are 3 categories to select from, each with many business types within, from “Accountants” to “Video/Film Production” and just about every imaginable company type in between. If you don’t see a category that fits, you can suggest one.
6. Confirm your hours of business.
Select the hours your are open daily. If you’re open 24 hours, there are checkboxes to indicate that.
7. Add your company website and social media accounts.
Simply type or cut, copy and paste the URLs for your facebook, twitter, and so on..
8. Review your information.
To confirm, click “OK” and you’re done. They say new listings should appear within Apple’s Maps app within a week at most. If additional verification is required, expect to hear from Apple soon. As a locksmith expect delays in most cases. I added our locksmith service to apple maps on 12/23/16 and to date (over a month later – still under “review”).
- Tip: They have a contact us section under “help” if you need to email them.
- Have you had success with getting a live listing with apple maps – Let others know – COMMENT ON THIS POST!!